This course will cover the “mechanics“ of managing change. Explore the tools and processes for creating a structured approach to transitioning an organization to a future state and how the change management practitioner can successfully support the development of a comprehensive change strategy. The outcome of this course is a strategy for the Change Management effort and a framework for a plan to execute the strategy that is elaborated throughout the initiative.
Curriculum topics include:
- Difference between a change management strategy and plan
- Standard components in a change management strategy template
- Purpose and activities for defining the change
- Purpose and activities for identifying the stakeholders
- Tools and techniques used in organizational assessment to determine readiness for change
- Components of a change impact assessment
- Building a change management strategy and approach
- Measuring change management success
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the change environment elements that need to be understood including what, who, why, and how.
- Identify impacted internal and external stakeholders and leaders
- Describe various tools and techniques used in organizational assessment to determine the capacity and readiness for change
- Develop success factors for change
- Analyze the current change environment against success factors for change and input into the strategy
- Assess the size and complexity of change impacts on organizations and individuals
- Differentiate between various strategies used to support change initiatives
- Articulate objectives and guiding principles for each part of the strategy
- Develop a comprehensive change management strategy to support successful change
Change Management Fundamentals (IB810)
Earn 38 PDUs.
This course can be applied to the .
This course is ACMP QEP™ (Qualified Educational Provider) certified and qualified for 38 PDUs.
Continue your learning through Change Management Implementing and Evaluating (IB820) and Change Management Fostering Culture and Capability (IB825) courses to develop skills in the requirements of change leadership, behaviour change, best practices related to the specific actions to manage the change such as theories and methodologies related to training, communication and engagement, and role design.
During COVID 19 the format of this course is online and virtual for the Winter 2021 courses. Prior to 4pm PST on the start date of the course, an email will be sent to all registered students containing instructions on how to access the online Learning Management System.
Participants will be required to complete online readings and discussion/activity prior to attending the in-class sessions.
NOTE: In-class sessions are mandatory.