This course is built around a Scrum Lego® City simulation that provides vivid and memorable experiences that tightly mirror those new teams experience when adopting Scrum in real life. It offers an intensive, highly interactive introduction to the principles and practices of Agile and the Scrum framework.
This two-day course is taught by the only Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) and Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) in Canada. Participants receive the Certified ScrumMaster credential from the Scrum Alliance upon completion of the course and passing an online exam, as required by the Scrum Alliance.
This course is designed for ScrumMasters, project managers, product owners, and managers, and development teams (e.g., development, QA, DBAs, UI/UX) new to Agile and Scrum. Ideally, the cross-functional team attends together with their managers.
- Agile principles and methodologies
- Connecting Agile principles to the core Lean disciplines
- The Scrum framework and common vocabulary
- The roles of ScrumMaster, product owner, and development team
- Agile teams and an iterative process for rapid change, learning, and development
- Iterative and incremental development through the extended Scrum Lego City simulation
- Applying the Agile and Scrum principles and practices to build a real product
- Meeting deadlines and managing scope on an Agile project
- Define the Scrum roles, ceremonies and artefacts and how they work together.
- Describe each Scrum role, what they manage and how they are measured.
- Learn how to create a Definition of Done for an agile team.
- Participate in each Scrum ceremony/meeting while building a real product.
- Understand how the ScrumMaster guides the team to continuously improve.
This course can be applied to the UBC Associate Certificate in Agile Leadership.
The UBC Certified ScrumMaster course is delivered in partnership with agile42.
agile42 is a market leader in providing "Agile Transformation Services" to companies who want to move toward a more effective and adaptive way of working. For many years, agile42 has supported a wide range of clients, from startups to large enterprises, in transforming their way of working. By combining management consulting, knowledge transfer, team training, and on-the-job coaching, we have developed a unique and proven approach to support our clients in adopting and applying Agile practices to achieve outstanding results.
Courses up to the end of August will be delivered in virtual format.Â