This course is built around a Scrum Lego® City simulation that provides vivid and memorable experiences that tightly mirror those new teams experience when adopting Scrum in real life. It offers an intensive, highly interactive introduction to the principles and practices of Agile and the Scrum framework.
This two-day course is taught by the only Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) and Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) in Canada. Participants receive the Certified ScrumMaster credential from the Scrum Alliance upon completion of the course and passing an online exam, as required by the Scrum Alliance.
*Please Note: The exam fees and the 2 year membership fees are all included as part of the course fees. The participant will have two attempts within 90 days after they receive their welcome email to pass the test at no cost. After two attempts or 90 days, you will be charged $25 for each additional attempt.
This course is designed for ScrumMasters, project managers, product owners, and managers, and development teams (e.g., development, QA, DBAs, UI/UX) new to Agile and Scrum. Ideally, the cross-functional team attends together with their managers.
- Agile principles and methodologies
- Connecting Agile principles to the core Lean disciplines
- The Scrum framework and common vocabulary
- The roles of ScrumMaster, product owner, and development team
- Agile teams and an iterative process for rapid change, learning, and development
- Iterative and incremental development through the extended Scrum Lego City simulation
- Applying the Agile and Scrum principles and practices to build a real product
- Meeting deadlines and managing scope on an Agile project
- Define the Scrum roles, ceremonies and artefacts and how they work together.
- Describe each Scrum role, what they manage and how they are measured.
- Learn how to create a Definition of Done for an agile team.
- Participate in each Scrum ceremony/meeting while building a real product.
- Understand how the ScrumMaster guides the team to continuously improve.
This course can be applied to the UBC Associate Certificate in Agile Leadership.
The UBC Certified ScrumMaster course is delivered in partnership with IncrementOne.
IncrementOne is a professional services firm that enables organizations to unlock and achieve rapid and sustainable performance improvement based on the application of a lean and agile mindset. We believe that your delivery capability is only as good as the results it delivers. Results are how you learn and steer your product delivery teams to exceed customer expectations. In a dynamic, complex and unpredictable environment the ability to respond quickly to emerging customer needs defines business agility. Companies that get this right stand out in the marketplace. IncrementOne brings together a proven team of agile consultants with a unique approach to change management and problem solving based on seeing results from the outset.
During COVID-19 the format of this course will be delivered in virtual format for Fall 2020 and Winter 2021 terms. Handouts and course outline will be available through our LMS - Moodle. You will receive login details to moodle one day before the course start date.