At a Glance
Build change solutions that deliver meaningful and sustainable results.
With a focus on the people side of business, change management delivers the tools and competencies required to build solutions that are practical in nature, while providing meaningful and sustained results. The program uses industry applied techniques and approaches that champion a holistic approach to organizational change and is unique in that it covers advanced topics in implementing and evaluating change, business architecture, culture adoption and organizational capability.
The program is aligned to the Association for Change Management Professionals (ACMP) Standard for Change Management® and is taught by Vancouver’s leading change professionals who provide a variety of practical examples from their experience across multiple industries. Based around a case study that is integrated into the curriculum, this comprehensive program can be completed in just four courses delivered live online over three weeks each. Each course is also guided by an online tutor. As more people have transitioned to working from home this program provides a great platform to both learn online while preparing you for the future of work and a career in change management.
|Pre-approved to offer Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours by the Chartered Professional in Human Resources BC & Yukon.||QEP™ (Qualified Education Provider) with the Association of Change Management Professionals® (ACMP®).|
UBC Sauder Continuing Business Studies is proud to sponsor the Association of Change Management Professionals Vancouver Chapter. The Association of Change Management Professionals (ACMP) Greater Vancouver Chapter is part of an internationally recognized professional association dedicated to advancing the discipline and profession of Change Management.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for change practitioners looking to build upon existing competencies, and for professionals looking to add change management skills to enhance their skillset working in areas such as Business Analysis, Project Management, Human Resources, Communications, Information Technology and Operations. This program will benefit individuals in small to large organizations where change is having a significant effect on the way they work or is a principle driver of their key responsibilities.
“To be honest, I was originally pretty skeptical that I would get so much out of the all-day virtual sessions, and I was pleasantly surprised. The regular breakout groups provided an engaging and collaborative experience.”
Jesse, Change Management Program Student.
- Understand the change management process, assess organizational readiness, and develop an effective change management strategy.
- Realize how to apply key change management models such as ADKAR, Kotter, McKinsey, Lewin and when best to use them to achieve your intended business outcomes.
- Define Change Management roles and responsibilities and how they work with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Operations Managers or Functional Managers.
- Develop change metrics that align to business goals.
- Build tactics for identifying and influencing key stakeholders.
- Develop capacity for change.
- Demonstrate how a change management plan can contribute to the success of a change project or initiative
- Devise an approach to overcome resistance with solutions that minimize disruptions.
- Pursue the ACMP® Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP®) designation.
Daniel Watt, MBA, CPHR, UBC Change Management Program Advisor. Take your career to the next level by pursuing a professional program with UBC Sauder Continuing Business Studies.
Aligned to the ACMP Standards and strategically designed by a team of industry experts, the Associate Certificate in Change Management program focuses on developing knowledge, skills and abilities in industry applied techniques and approaches for organizational change projects or initiatives. Comprised of three required courses and one elective, the program is designed to provide you with a rich learning experience while acquiring the skills to be an effective change practitioner, create a culture for sustaining change and enhance the success of change initiatives. Theory and practice are integrated through opportunities for teamwork, discussion, case studies, applied projects and networking.
Regular Program Required Courses
The following sequence is recommended:
Change Management Fundamentals
Aligned with the ACMP’s Standard for Change Management®, this course examines the tools and techniques used to develop and manage the change process
38 CDUs | 38 PDUs $995Winter2021Spring / Summer2021Fall2021
Change Management Assessing and Planning
This course will cover the “mechanics“ of managing change. The outcome of this course is a strategy for the Change Management effort and a framework for a plan to execute the strategy that is elaborated throughout the initiative.
38 PDUs $995Winter2021Spring / Summer2021Fall2021
Choose one course from the list of elective courses to complete the program.
Change Management: Fostering Culture and Capability
From a more strategic perspective, this course will explore ways to strengthen an organization’s day to day culture for long term adaptability to unplanned events or incidents.
38 PDUs $995Winter2021Spring / Summer2021Fall2021
Business Architecture for Organizational Change
This workshop is designed for specialists and managers of all types involved with planning and designing organizational change and building business capability to adapt and innovate continuously.
21 PDUs $1875Winter2021Spring / Summer2021Fall2021
Program schedule may be subject to change.
UBC Sauder Continuing Studies offers 3 different delivery styles to fit your learning needs. Some courses are taught in multiple formats while others are delivered in one format only.
|Delivery||Scheduled Classes||Location||Features & Benefits|
||Yes||On campus & Online||Learn in the classroom through in-person interaction with instructors and classmates and through self-paced online instruction. Blended learning combines all the benefits of the in-person classroom experience and allows for easy access to learning materials increasing the flexibility to learn at your own pace.|
||Yes||Online||Learn through online classroom-style interaction with instructors and classmates in real time from anywhere in the world. Live Online creates a learning environment in which you collaborate and engage in live Q&A, webinars, and discussion forums.|
||No||Online||Learn independently when it’s convenient for you, while having the flexibility to collaborate with your classmates. Online coaching is available from our experienced industry professionals through virtual office hours and optional webinars to help assist you with course materials, assignments, and projects.|
The program is taught and facilitated by experienced, industry practitioners who are experts in Change Management, as well as Agile Leadership and Business Architecture.
- Marianne Boyles, Change Management Specialist, UBC
- Deirdre Brown, SASI Senior Change Management Specialist, UBC
- Dale Carr, Consulting Business Analyst, Rocky Mountaineer, Methanex and QuadReal
- Erin Creak, Senior Change Management Advisor - Planning, Forcasting & Risk, BC Hydro
- Kira Daley, Change Management Advisor, BC Hydro
- Leslie Fast, Senior Business Consultant, Leslie Fast & Associates Inc.
- Kelli Fitzmaurice, Independent Consultant, UBC
- Alicia Girard, Change Analyst, LuluLemon
- Valerie Johnson, Consultant, InStructure Consulting Inc.
- Lisa Kempton, Senior Development Partner, Prosci
- Felicia Lam, Operational Excellence Manager – Change & Transformation, LuluLemon
- Heather Lehmann, President, Heather Lehmann & Associates
- Eunice MacCharles, Senior Business Analyst, BCAA
- Sally McKenzie, President, R & S McKenzie Inc.
- Grace McKeowen, Principal Consultant, Komon Consulting
- Jim Tucker, Project Manager, UBC
- Daniel Watt, Senior Manager, Enterprise Change Management, BC Hydro