At a Glance
- Format Online
- Duration 6 weeks
- Hours of Study 6-10/week
- Fee $1250
- Stay in Touch
- Next Start Date Nov 02
Develop a requirements-gathering approach to enterprise and systems analysis, starting with a clear problem statement that identifies the direction for potential solutions. Examine a variety of systems solutions and learn to apply best practice methods, processes, and tools involved in gathering, managing, analyzing, evaluating, validating, and verifying requirements to ensure success. Interpret these requirements in the context of the business, functional and non-functional requirements. Learn to write audience-appropriate requirements documentation and make recommendations for the best business solutions.
Curriculum topics include:
- Introduction to Requirements
- Analyzing the Organization
- Determining the Scope of the Problem
- Identifying Potential Systems Solutions
- Developing a Requirements Gathering Approach
- Gathering Data from Information Sources
- Eliciting Requirements from Stakeholders
- Preparing for Analysis
- Why Analyze?
- Categorizing Requirements
- Writing Requirements Documentation
- Ensuring Requirements Quality
- Tracing Requirements
- Who Needs to Provide Approval?
- The Approval Process
Earn 40 CDUs/36 PDUs
This course can be applied to the UBC Certificate in Business Analysis.
The format of this course is online. Prior to 4pm PST on the start date of the course, an email will be sent to all registered students containing instructions on how to access the online Learning Management System.