At a Glance
Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification attests to your mastery of and commitment to project management best practices. This 35-hour course is designed to help you pass the PMP exam by coaching you on what to expect, teaching you the format and structure of the exam, and providing tips and study methods to help you prepare. Get an overview of all the domains tested on the PMP certification exam [People, Processes, and Business Environment recognized in the exam syllabus], including questions on professional responsibility.
The course curriculum covers:
- format and structure of the exam
- tips and study methods
- understanding the PMP view of projects
- PMP terminology and the underlying Project Management concepts upon which the exam is based
- overview of all the knowledge areas tested
- preparation for questions on professional responsibility.
At the end of the course, participants will have learned:
- An understanding of not only what the PMBOK Guide says, but also what it means
- An understanding of what to expect, and how the exam is structured
- How to approach studying for the exam
- Insights on how to gain the most value from completing the PMP exam process and become a certified Professional Project Manager.
This course consists of 35 hours. Learning activities include discussion, exercises, and practice tests. Participants are provided with handout material outlining the content.
Tuition fee includes digital version of PMI Authorized PMP® Exam Prep courseware, supplementary handouts and access to practice exam questions
Standard Fee: $1,995+tax
- UBC is a PMI® Authorized Training Partner (ATP). This course is approved for 35 hours of project management education required to write the PMP examination. Students must attend 100% of the virtual or scheduled sessions in order to receive the full 35 hours of credit.
**This course is designed for project managers who are planning to write the PMP exam in the next few months, and meet the eligibility criteria set by the Project Management Institute.
PMP and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
During COVID 19 the format of this course is live online for the Fall 2021/Winter 2022 courses. Prior to 4pm PST on the start date of the course, an email will be sent to all registered students containing instructions on how to access the online Learning Management System.
You can find the link to access your live online sessions on Moodle. Please note, your live online session dates do not begin on your course start date. The live online session dates can be found on your receipt and will be included on your welcome email.