Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification attests to your mastery of and commitment to project management best practices. This 35-hour course is designed to help you pass the PMP exam by coaching you on what to expect, teaching you the format and structure of the exam, and providing tips and study methods to help you prepare. Get an overview of all the domains tested on the PMP certification exam [five Project Management Process Groups and ten Knowledge Areas recognized in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)], including questions on professional responsibility.
The course curriculum covers:
- format and structure of the exam
- tips and study methods
- understanding the PMP view of projects
- PMP terminology and the underlying Project Management concepts upon which the exam is based
- overview of all the knowledge areas tested
- preparation for questions on professional responsibility.
At the end of the course, participants will have learned:
- An understanding of not only what the PMBOK Guide says, but also what it means
- An understanding of what to expect, and how the exam is structured
- How to approach studying for the exam
- Insights on how to gain the most value from completing the PMP exam process and become a certified Professional Project Manager.
This course consists of 35 hours. Learning activities include discussion, exercises, and practice tests. Participants are provided with handout material outlining the content.
Tuition fee includes PMI licensed PMP® Exam Prep materials, supplementary handouts and practice exam questions
Standard Fee: $1,995+tax
- Please review A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Sixth Edition and the Agile Practice Guide, prior to the course.
- UBC is a PMI® Authorized Training Partner (ATP). This course is approved for 35 hours of project management education required to write the PMP examination. Students must attend 100% of the virtual or scheduled sessions in order to receive the full 35 hours of credit.
**This course is aligned to the PMBOK® Guide-Sixth Edition and is for project managers who are planning to write the PMP exam in 2021, and meet the eligibility criteria set by the Project Management Institute.
The PMP Exam will change on January 2, 2021. Course contents will be updated to reflect the new syllabus in 2021.
PMP and PMBOK are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
During COVID 19 the format of this course is online and virtual for the Winter 2021 courses. Prior to 4pm PST on the start date of the course, an email will be sent to all registered students containing instructions on how to access the online Learning Management System.
E-books will be included on this email. You can find the link to access your virtual sessions on Moodle. Please note, your virtual session dates do not begin on your course start date. The virtual session dates can be found on your receipt and will be included on your welcome email.