Organizational success relies on your ability to create and lead high performance teams. Our Leading Professional Teams program focuses on the competencies you need to create a positive working environment and guide your team to maximize its performance. The program provides you with a benchmark against which to evaluate your own capabilities and identifies opportunities to improve.
- Identify the different forms of leadership and how they add value to organizations.
- Assess the key drivers that shape the thinking of highly effective team leaders and provide examples of how these drivers may influence team leader’s decisions, actions, and behaviours.
- Build self-awareness and situational awareness to enable you to improve your team leadership skills.
- Demonstrate how differing working styles impact a team and apply strategies to build trusting relationships that maximize individual and team performance.
- Recognize common team inefficiencies and determine ways that boost team productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Understand how leaders influence team cultures and identify techniques to create positive work environments.
Applies to the following Certificate(s) as a course substitution
Feb 21 - May 14, 2024 | Blended | $3,980
- Sat & Sun Feb 24 & 25, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm (PT) at UBC Robson Square
- Tue Mar 5, 19, Apr 9, 23, & May 7, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm (PT)
- Tue Mar 12, Apr 2, 16, 30 & May 14, 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm (PT)
A blend of in-person instructor-led sessions and live online class activities, combined with self-paced learning.
Real-time instructor-led interactions through scheduled live online sessions, combined with self-paced learning.
Self-paced learning following a pre-scheduled assessment timeline including opportunities to collaborate with instructors and classmates in real-time.