At a Glance
- Format Live online
- Duration 3 weeks
- Hours of Study 10-12/week
- Fee $995
- Stay in Touch
- Next Start Date Nov 15
The new discipline of Behavioural Insights (BI) uses principles from the Behavioural and Decision Sciences (including Psychology and Economics) to help people make decisions that promote health, wellness, and happiness. This course provides an overview of how Behavioural Insights can be used to: (1) understand the ways that people make decisions and behave in the real world; (2) design programs, policies, and products in ways that encourage positive changes in consumers, citizens, and employees; and (3) rigorously evaluate the impact of these programs, policies, and products.
Course learning objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have the knowledge and skills to:
- Define Behavioural Insights (BI) and distinguish BI from other innovation approaches.
- Articulate the value of BI for understanding and changing behaviour.
- Explain core BI concepts, such as nudging for good, freedom of choice, and choice architecture.
- Describe how rigorous research methods can be used to diagnose and solve problems.
- Describe how an applied BI project would flow from start to finish.
- Use an ethical framework to evaluate how BI is being used in different contexts.
Note: This course is a required prerequisite for the Advanced Professional Certificate in Behavioural Insights. It can also be taken as a standalone, open enrolment course. For those who successfully complete the course and are accepted into the certificate, the $995 fee will be reduced from the total program cost.