Microsoft’s Power BI helps you to easily analyze, visualize, and collaborate on data from multiple sources. This course is ideal for anyone who works with data, creates reports and provides insights for data-driven decision making.
Connect to a variety of data sources, shape and transform data into meaningful information, and create rich, interactive reports to bring your data to life. Utilize skills you have developed in Excel to manage the transition to Power BI with ease and confidence. Discover the power of the tool to present data and impress your stakeholders.
- Master how to use the Power BI desktop user interface
- Connect to data from different sources using Power BI
- Shape and transform data model in the Query Editor using M
- Create custom Measures and Columns using DAX
- Discover how to collaborate in Power BI
- Design interactive data visualizations that tell a story and is meaningful to stakeholders
- Power BI Desktop installed on your computer (free download, note: this software is a Windows based application)
- Access to Zoom and Microsoft Office (you will be using Excel in addition to Power BI)
- A familiarity with formulas and functions from Excel and an understanding of relational database theory would be useful, but not required.
Applies to the following Certificate(s) as a course substitution
In-person with instructors and classmates combined with self-paced instruction
Online classroom-style interaction in real time combined with self-paced instruction
Self-paced learning with flexibility to collaborate