- Program Cost $1,495
- Duration 2 days
- Format Face to Face
- Schedule 9am-5pm
NEXT START DATE
This course is built around a Scrum Lego® City simulation that provides vivid and memorable experiences that tightly mirror those new teams experience when adopting Scrum in real life. It offers an intensive, highly interactive introduction to the principles and practices of Agile and the Scrum framework.
This two-day course is taught by the only Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) and Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) in Canada. Participants receive the Certified ScrumMaster credential from the Scrum Alliance upon completion of the course and passing an online exam, as required by the Scrum Alliance.
This course is designed for ScrumMasters, project managers, product owners, and managers, and development teams (e.g., development, QA, DBAs, UI/UX) new to Agile and Scrum. Ideally, the cross-functional team attends together with their managers.
The UBC Certified ScrumMaster course is delivered in partnership with agile42.
agile42 is a market leader in providing "Agile Transformation Services" to companies who want to move toward a more effective and adaptive way of working. For many years, agile42 has supported a wide range of clients, from startups to large enterprises, in transforming their way of working. By combining management consulting, knowledge transfer, team training, and on-the-job coaching, we have developed a unique and proven approach to support our clients in adopting and applying Agile practices to achieve outstanding results.
Apply your learning to:
- Understand the principles underlying agile methodologies and how to apply them in a team context
- Connect agile principles to the core lean disciplines and understand how to apply lean and agile principles to software/product development
- Learn about the trends driving agile adoption and the benefits of an iterative and incremental approach
- Gain a common vocabulary and understanding of the Scrum framework
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Development Team
- Experience iterative & incremental development through a Scrum Lego City simulation
- Learn through doing, applying the agile/Scrum principles and practices to build a real product
- Work together on an agile team, using the iterative process to rapidly learn and change how the team works
UBC Robson Square
Tuition & Fees
Regular Program Required Courses
- The following sequence is recommended:
Using the Scrum Lego® City simulation, this course provides an intensive, highly interactive introduction to the principles and practices of the Agile and the Scrum framework. Pre-req: Agile Delivery Methods. Elective.
14 PDUs $1495Spring / Summer2019Fall2019Winter2020
Program curriculum may be subject to change.