Scholarships and Financial Assistance Opportunities

UBC Sauder Continuing Business Studies has several scholarship opportunities for new or current students. You may be eligible for a $500 - $1250 scholarship, in course-fee credit. Read more for details and eligibility.

Frequently Asked Questions: Student Information

  Open all |   Close all

How do I register for a course or program?

For a course: You can register online, To register online, you will be required to
create an online profile in our registration system before your registration can be processed. 

  1. Sign In to your account or create a new account.
  2. Once signed in, your name will appear near the top right of your screen.
  3. Add items to your shopping cart and follow the instructions to complete your purchase.

For a program: Some programs require you to complete an application form to be considered for acceptance into the program. Please check the website for the program to which you are applying for detailed instructions. Creation of an online profile is not required to submit your program application.

How can I get a U-Pass or UBC Student Card?

UBC Sauder Continuing Business Studies students do not automatically qualify for a UBC Student Card. Some full-time programs may issue UBC student cards with optional library access. Please contact us for more information.

What if I have a medical condition or disability?

A student with a medical condition or disability that would impact his or her ability to fully participate in a UBC Sauder Continuing Business Studies offering should contact us for assistance well in advance of the course or program start date.

I can't find what I'm looking for. Who do I contact?

Please contact us by phone, or online.

By Telephone
Tel: 604.822.1420

What payment options do I have to pay for a course?

All course fees are payable in Canadian dollars. We accept Visa, and MasterCard. For wire transfer instructions, please contact us.

If you are registering online and paying via credit card, only one credit card can be used for the entire transaction.

Can I obtain a student loan to pay for a program?

Student loans are limited to students enrolling in and attending a recognized full-time post-secondary level program leading to a formal credential. As such, UBC Continuing Business Studies part-time programs, due to their duration and course load, are not eligible for student loans at this time.

Why is tax charged on some courses but not others?

Fees made payable to UBC Sauder Continuing Business Studies are subject to tax with the following exceptions:

  1. language programs in Canada's two official languages (English and French)
  2. courses that are part of a certificate program
  3. accredited professional development courses or programs
  4. courses given outside Canada.
How do I get a T2202A tax receipt?

View details for eligibility and instructions on how to download your T2202A Tuition, Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate.

I'm a UBC employee. How can I access UBC Sauder Continuing Business Studies courses?

Most UBC employee groups are eligible for tuition fee waivers that reimburse or offset the cost of most courses. Please visit the UBC Finance Tuition Fee Benefit website for information on eligibility and instructions on how to use your tuition fee benefit. Since tuition fee benefits for UBC faculty and staff may differ depending on your employee group, please visit the UBC Human Resources Benefits website for information on your eligibility. Do not register for a course prior to submitting your tuition waiver.

If your department or faculty is funding the course, please submit an authorized journal voucher (JV) along with your registration to UBC Sauder Continuing Business Studies.

How do I apply for a waiver?

Go to: http://www.my.ubc.ca/

1.Click on Management Systems Portal and login using your CWL

2.Click on HRMS Self Service

3. Select Staff Tuition Waiver Request

4. Select Add a New Waiver

The Form will be mostly populated with your contact information.  Select Continuing Studies, and that You are taking the course.  The staff member can only use tuition Waivers for Continuing Studies courses.  You cannot use it for a family member to take a continuing studies course.

5. Enter in the course code, it will auto populate the “COURSE INFORMATION’

6. Then hit submit TW, you will receive a notification if you have enough funds in your TW account

The Tuition waiver office will send your approved waiver to The Continuing Business Studies offices for registration.  You will receive an email from the Continuing Business Studies offices once you have been registered in the course.

What are the prerequisites for a certificate or award of achievement program?

Each UBC Sauder Continuing Business Studies program has specific prerequisites and/or admission guidelines. Review the web page for the certificate or award of achievement program that interests you for details. An admissions committee reviews applications to assess qualifications for programs.

Are students in certificate or award of achievement programs graded?

Some programs are graded. Please contact us for more information.

What do I receive when I complete the certificate or award of achievement program?

Upon completing the program requirements, participants are awarded a UBC Certificate or Award of Achievement for their program.

Does completion of a UBC certificate program qualify for academic credits towards a diploma or degree program?

No, completion of our non-credit certificate programs cannot be applied towards UBC degree-credit diploma or degree programs at this time. However, some exceptions may apply for programs at other institutions. Please speak to the institution to which you are applying regarding their prior learning assessment policies. 

Where do I get parking or transit information?

For information regarding parking or transit directions for the UBC Point Grey campus and UBC Robson Square, click here.

Sauder Logo UBC Crest AACSB Logo