Whether you pursue a part-time, four-course Associate Certificate or invest a few months in a full-time Accelerated Diploma our flexible programs are designed to meet your personal and career development goals.
Here you'll find an overview of our program credentials with details on course load, hours of instruction, learning objectives, and typical students.
Accelerated Diploma Programs
Accelerated Diplomas are full-time programs that combine in-class study with a workplace practicum. Learn from industry leaders and practitioners as you gain career-ready skills. When you enrol, you become part of a group (a cohort) that works through the program together.
- 8 weeks (240 hours) of study + 8-week (240-hour) practicum
- Designed for university and college students and recent graduates, and those with less than three years work experience
Advance your career or explore your interests through courses that focus on practice and theory, and cover a discipline in depth. Most certificate programs are designed for part-time study, and a few are delivered full-time or in an intensive format. Some programs accept one group of students per session (a cohort) that works through the program together.
- 4-16 courses / 150 hours or more of study
- Designed for professionals with one to three years of work experience or more
Associate Certificate and Award of Achievement Programs
Associate Certificate and Award of Achievement programs comprise a series of courses that deepen your skills in a subject area in which you may already have some experience. Programs are designed for part-time study, with courses offered in-class or online and often laddering into UBC Certificate programs.
- 4-6 courses / 55-150 hours of study
- Designed for professionals with three or more years of work experience