Web intelligence is a combination of digital analytics, which examines how digital visitors and customers view and interact with your website and other digital offerings, and business intelligence, which allows a corporation's management to use data on customer purchasing patterns, demographics, and demand trends to make effective strategic decisions.
Graduates of the UBC Certificate in Digital Analytics are eligble to apply to the University of California Irvine, Division of Continuing Education, and complete two elective courses to attain the Web Intelligence Certificate.
- Requires completion of the UBC/DAA Certificate in Digital Analytics, plus two elective courses offered through the University of California Irvine, Division of Continuing Education (UCI)
- Delivered part-time, 100% online
- Costs approximately C$4,400 (depending on chosen elective courses and exchange rate)
- Discounted fees for DAA members
- The aim of this program is to help you improve your organization's bottom line through a more effective web presence and enhanced data analysis for successful decision-making.
Open all | Close all
This program is designed and facilitated by leading industry experts and digital/web analytics professionals throughout North America. Upon completing the certificate requirements, you will be able to:
- apply proven web analytics methodologies to increase a websites effectiveness in marketing products and services, and increasing customer conversion rates
- use data warehouse concepts to identify relevant data and aggregate those data into a single depository for more effective trend analysis and website performance statistics
- improve your organizations bottom line through a more effective web presence and enhanced data analysis for successful decision making
- move your career ahead by gaining in-demand knowledge and skills.
Who Its For
This program is for people who wish to enter the field of digital/web analytics whose job functions include marketing, website design, corporate branding and product positioning, or other aspects of database-driven marketing.
The program benefits marketing and IT managers involved in the development and deployment of online initiatives, including interactive marketers, web/marketing analysts, project managers, web developers, information architects, systems and business analysts as well as IT, e-commerce, marketing and sales professionals.
Learn more about web intelligence from a panel of industry experts and program administrators in this webinar, delivered by UBC and UCI Division of Continuing Education.
Delivered 100% online, this program includes the four required courses that comprise the UBC/DAA Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics, plus a minimum of two courses offered through the UCI Division of Continuing Education.
The part-time curriculum encompasses a significant amount of reading, case studies and white papers, in conjunction with interactive group discussion and lectures. You are assessed based on assignments and individual projects that have scheduled completion dates.
We recommend that you complete the required courses in the following order:
- Introduction to Web Analytics*
- Web Analytics for Site Optimization
- Measuring Marketing Campaigns Online
- Creating and Managing the Analytical Business Culture
*Note: The Introduction to Web Analytics course is a recommended prerequisite for the all other courses.
You can take the UBC courses in a part-time format and complete within two years, or in an intensive program in which all four courses are offered within a five month period. Get more details.
Choose two elective courses delivered by UCI Division of Continuing Education:
|Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse||More|
|Designing Dimensional Models||More|
|Managing Business Process Improvement Projects||More|
|Problem Solving and Decision Making||More|
|Management, Leadership, and Team Building in the Project Environment||More|
Online tutors in this program are business professionals experienced in online adult education who provide online instruction and guidance on a one-to-one and group basis. The online tutors guide and grade through email communication as well as online discussions, assignments and projects to make sure that you get the most out of your learning experience.
Course fees are paid on a course-by-course basis and total approximately C$4,400 (depending on chosen elective courses and exchange rate) plus a US$125 request to graduate fee payable to UCI Division of Continuing Education.
Books for the UCI Division of Continuing Education courses are an additional cost.
- Complete the UBC/DAA Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics
- Submit a Graduation Request form to UBC Sauder Continuing Business Studies and indicate on the form that you would like to continue on to the Web Intelligence Certificate. (This authorizes UBC to release your program completion record (PCR) and contact details to UCI Division of Continuing Education)
- Enrol in and complete your elective courses at UCI Division of Continuing Education.
- When you have completed your courses at UCI Division of Continuing Education, submit a Request for Certificate form.
- Visit the UCI Division of Continuing Education for more information on how to enrol