The UBC Certificate in Digital Leadership prepares you to champion innovation across your organization and in the digital space. This innovative and leading-edge program focuses on implementing digital strategies across an organization and cross-functional teams. Learn creative and critical thinking strategies and frameworks to drive change in your organization, implement data-driven decisions, and create a thriving digital culture.
- Delivered 100% online
- Ideal for those with at least five years' experience in leading teams or start-ups, managing resources, and implementing strategies
Open all | Close all
- critical and creative thinking strategies to build a framework for a digital strategy
- your organization's culture and digital maturity
- a business model that responds and adapts to new opportunities
- a data strategy based on actionable insights that drive results
- privacy and ethical guidelines that support your digital governance
- high-performing, cross-functional teams identify stakeholders, establish buy-in, and pitch a plan that aligns with your goals
Who It's For
This program is ideal for those with at least five years' experience in leading teams or start-ups, managing resources, and implementing strategies. Participants include managers and entrepreneurs, as well as digital professionals who are moving into leadership roles.
Throughout the program you are assessed on the strategies, insights, and business models that you create for an organization. Ideas are presented via interactive digital tools such as the Business Model Canvas and Value Proposition Canvas as found in the Business Model Generation Handbook.
To receive the UBC Certificate in Digital Leadership, you must complete all four required courses within two years.
Strategic Thinking in the Digital Context is recommended but not mandatory before taking other courses.
Applicants should have the following:
- a post-secondary education
- at least five years of relevant experience, such as leading digital teams or start-ups, managing resources, and/or implementing strategy
- management background gained through professional experience in such areas as marketing, communications, analytics, technology, business development, finance, or HR experience with digital platforms, web/digital analytics, or social media
- strong written and spoken business English skills for participation in one-on-one interactions, group work, presentations, projects and assignments and in electronic communications.