Build better user engagement and a compelling brand experience across digital channels through meaningful content, site optimization, and outstanding user experience design. Cut through the clutter to reach your audience, give users what they want, and meet new and demanding expectations while maintaining brand integrity with better products, apps, or websites.
- Delivered part-time online, or a combination of in-class and online
- Three required courses
- Courses can be taken individually or as part of the associate certificate program, or used to ladder into other award of achievement or certificate programs
- Approximate cost between $1,934 and $2,173
- In-class courses are held in downtown Vancouver at UBC Robson Square
Open all | Close all
Discover how to build a comprehensive user experience (UX) strategy that builds on content marketing and site optimization, both critical to a compelling brand experience. By the end of this program, you will be able to:
- evaluate how content, data, and design intersect in a user experience
- identify how content marketing objectives and business goals work together
- identify assumptions and challenges of the overall user experience
- evaluate user behaviour and engagement from a brand, content, and UX perspective
- define key personas and user stories along the user journey
- build content engagement across digital channels and map the user journey
- learn fundamentals of search engine optimization, conversion, metrics, and evaluation
- produce a set of UX design principles and recommendations.
Who It's For
The Associate Certificate in Digital Content and Experience Design is designed for the digital marketer or communications specialist with 3-5 years experience. It offers an applied skillset in user experience strategy, content marketing and digital analytics, to build stronger customer interaction and user engagement. This program is ideal for those working in digital marketing teams including:
- Digital marketers
- Communications specialists
- UX designers
- Web analysts
- Web designers
- Content marketers
- Writers or copy editors
- Digital project managers
- This is a part-time program that consists of three required courses.
- All courses are offered online; two are offered in-class.
- In-class courses are 12-15 hours and are taught at UBC Robson Square.
- Online courses are 4-6 weeks online and facilitated by an online tutor with extensive industry experience.
- Courses are offered throughout the year. Students complete courses at their own pace within two years of admission.
- Individual assessment is based on assignments, case scenarios, learning activities, and participation, as well as projects that apply newly acquired knowledge and skills.
- To be granted the Associate Certificate in Digital Content and Experience Design, you must successfully complete all three required courses. You must earn a minimum passing grade of 60% on each course, a "pass" on portions of the program that are graded "pass/fail."
- To graduate, complete all requirements within two years of admission to the program.
The Associate Certificate in Digital Content and Experience Design ladders into the following programs:
- UBC Certificate in Digital Content and Communications,
- UBC/DAA Award of Achievement in Digital Analytics
- UBC Award of Achievement in Social Media
The program is for digital marketers or communications specialists looking to fill a skills gap in developing more effective customer interactions and user engagement. Courses cover topics such as creating personas; user research and business requirements; content marketing, brand story; and search engine optimization and conversion.
The curriculum provides a flexible structure that allows you to complete the three required courses at your own pace. Delivery includes both in-class and online formats and options. Course topics and curriculum are subject to change.
The program is taught and facilitated by experienced industry practitioners who are experts in digital marketing communications, UX, site optimization, SEO and digital analytics, brand storytelling, and content marketing.
Part-time course fees are paid course-by-course at $510 CAD-$768 CAD per course. The total tuition is approximately $2,173 CAD, depending on the course delivery format chosen.
Books or related course materials may cost extra. Fees are subject to change.
All students are expected to possess strong written and spoken business English skills to participate in one-on-one interactions, group work, communications, presentations, projects, and assignments. Non-native English speakers may be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting the results of language proficiency tests. Find out more about acceptable tests and minimum scores.
Once you have completed and passed the three required courses, submit the Graduation Request form to receive your associate certificate.