Digital technology plays an integral role in communications for organizations today, encompassing everything from sending out tweets and press releases to creating web pages or writing blogs. Knowing how to create engaging and persuasive content and how to distribute it across multiple platforms is essential if you are go to reach your clients and community stakeholders.
Develop applied skills to plan and execute a comprehensive digital communications plan.
Open all | Close all
Learn how to:
- lead, manage and communicate effectively on digital projects and that align with your organization's goals
- evaluate the impact of digital communications on brand and marketing
- outline the content lifecycle
- optimize content across platforms
- define effective user interface and user design principles
- measure and analyze audience engagement
- understand the principles of digital rights awareness and protection
Who It’s For
The UBC Certificate in Content Strategy is designed for professionals engaged in communications, public relations, marketing, content creation, media curation and social media, and those whose roles involve the use of digital technologies. This program is suitable for emerging digital communications specialists and managers who are leading and coordinating communications for their organizations.
Learn through discussions, presentations, assignments, guest speakers and networking. Individual assessment is based on assignments, participation and projects that allow you to apply the skills and knowledge gained in the class.
The following courses are required to graduate. (Note that the program evolves over time to meet the current realities of the technology and marketplace. Therefore, the learning objectives, subject areas, topics, speakers and assignments that make up the program will change over time to reflect the needs of program participants, new best practices and technologies, and the best use of university resources. The program may also change in duration, number of instructional hours or requirements for completion.)
|Required Courses||Format(s)||Next Offering||More|
|Digital Communications Strategy (IZ100)||Online or In-class||
|User Experience Strategy (IZ105)||Online or In-class||
Sep 25-Nov 6, 2018
|Digital Content and Storytelling (IZ107)||Online or In-class||
Oct 9-Nov 20, 2018
|Digital Awareness and Protection (IZ109)||Online or In-class||
Oct 16-Nov 27, 2018
|Digital Project Management (IZ110)||Online or In-class||
Oct 23-Dec 4, 2018
Learn from experienced and practicing industry experts in digital communications, as well as experts in the areas of content strategy, digital storytelling, user design/user experience, IP and rights management, and project management specific to digital communications.
Applicants should have the following:
- post-secondary education
- a minimum of three years of experience in digital communications or a related field
- strong written and spoken business English skills for participation in one-on-one interactions, group work, presentations, projects and assignments and in electronic communications.