Understand the art of storytelling and how to confidently connect with your audience through the use of language, tone, and verbal and non-verbal communication techniques. Build engaging and persuasive content across media to shape experiences, evoke emotions, and create meaning.
- Four required courses
- Delivered part-time, in-class and online
- Courses can be taken individually or as part of the associate certificate, or used to ladder into other award of achievement or certificate programs
- Costs approximately $1,759 CAD
- In-class courses are held in downtown Vancouver at UBC Robson Square
- By the end of the program, you will understand how to incorporate story elements and narrative, develop content, and define distribution channels.
Open all | Close all
The Associate Certificate in Content Media and Storytelling guides you in building engaging and persuasive content across media and platforms through digital storytelling.
Explore how to develop compelling content, and understand how to reach internal and external stakeholders through the right channels using elements of story and narrative.
Who It's For
The Associate Certificate in Content Media and Storytelling is designed for marketing, PR, and communications professionals, managers, and consultants interested in gaining a deeper understanding of story elements within digital and offline contexts.
- This is a part-time program consisting of four required courses.
- All courses are offered in-class; two courses are also offered online.
- Courses are each 6-15 hours long and taught at UBC Robson Square.
- The six-week online course is facilitated by an online tutor with industry experience.
- Courses are offered throughout the year. Students complete courses at their own pace within two years of admission.
Individual assessment is based on assignments, learning activities, and participation, as well as class presentations that apply newly acquired knowledge and skills.
To be granted the Associate Certificate in Content Media and Storytelling, you must successfully complete all four required courses. You must earn a minimum passing grade of 60% on each course, a "pass" on portions of the program that are graded "pass/fail."
To graduate, complete all requirements within two years of admission to the program.
The Associate Certificate in Content Media and Storytelling ladders into the following program:
The curriculum provides a flexible structure that allows you to complete four required courses at your own pace. Delivery includes both in-class and online formats.
Course topics and curriculum are subject to change.
Please subscribe to our email list to receive updates about the program.
The program is taught and facilitated by experienced industry practitioners who are experts in social media, content marketing, digital storytelling, presentations, and public speaking.
Part-time course fees are paid course-by-course at $215 CAD $768 CAD per course. The total cost ranges from $1,759 to $1,998 CAD depending on format chosen.
Books or related course materials may cost extra. Fees are subject to change.
All students are expected to possess strong written and spoken business English skills to participate in one-on-one interactions, group work, communications, presentations, projects, and assignments. Non-native English speakers may be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by submitting the results of language proficiency tests. Find out more about acceptable tests and minimum scores.
Once you have completed and passed the four required courses, submit the Graduation Request form to receive your Associate Certificate.