Organizational leadership today demands a digital strategy that is transformative and persuasive. An understanding of strategic frameworks and models is key for organizations to succeed in crafting a digital strategy. This course guides you through thinking systems, both creative and analytical and the development of a strategic roadmap, using such innovative tools as the Business Canvas Model, and provides a foundation for the entire program. Ideal for establishing a design-thinking approach, a perspective on disruption and a foundation for the design of your first digital business strategy.
Curriculum topics include:
- What is strategic analysis?
- Introduction to thinking strategies
- Critical thinking and reflection
- Creative thinking and expression
- The art of observation and deduction
- Data visualization
- Analysis through prototyping and design-thinking
- Mapping your digital strategy to the business canvas
Optional Textbook: Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers. For more information, visit our website.
This course can be applied to the UBC Certificate in Digital Strategy.
The format of this course is 100% online. Prior to 4pm PST on the start date of the course, an email will be sent to all registered students containing instructions on how to access the online Learning Management System.