This workshop provides an overview of social video tools for marketing, PR and communications professionals, entrepreneurs and entertainers who have a core understanding of social media, but want to tap into the booming social video phenomenon. Learn fundamental background information and best practices with hands-on activities.
This workshop focuses on the following:
- Why social video?
- Defining your social video objectives
- Targeting your audience
- Key video platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, Instagram)
- Creation vs. curation
- What to share and how to make it shareable
- Viral video myths
- How to shoot video on a budget
- Getting more views
- Calls to action
- Integration with other social media efforts
- Basic analytics
- Monetization options & caveats
- Cool tools
Note: For hands-on video production, the Summer Institute in Professional Video Production (SI230) is recommended.
The format of this course is in-class.