A DevOps approach advocates better communication and collaboration between software development and operations teams. Maintain software application quality and stability as you deliver more versions, more often.
This course is ideal for those embarking on a DevOps transformation, or looking to learn more about this movement and how it can improve your company’s adaptability. This is a two-day introductory course to DevOps history, principles and practices, and automation. It is a recommended prerequisite to Introduction to Continuous Delivery and an elective course for the UBC Associate Certificate in Agile Leadership.
Curriculum Topics Include
- The history of DevOps and its culture
- Introduction to DevOps principles and challenges
- DevOps role guidance
- Application lifecycle management
- The DevOps process and flowcharts
- Understanding the RACI model
- The DevOps stages: plan, develop, release and operate
- Tools and platforms
- Define a company plan to adopt DevOps
- Design and manage organizational structure to adopt DevOps
- Help your company realize Agile development and operations to better adapt to customer needs
- Help your company accelerate go-to-market solution development
- Drive and lead your company’s DevOps practice
This course can be applied to the UBC Associate Certificate in Agile Leadership.
The format of this course is in-class.