Organizations today need to rethink their digital readiness, break down silos and manage across functional business units. Create a culture where digital can thrive by becoming both change and innovation agent, and pitch your vision while balancing both stakeholder resistance and influence. Define your current vs, future state and build a digital maturity model that identifies gaps and drives you forward. Develop digital talent that is high-performing, social, customer-centric, and entrepreneurial. Discover how governance supports an organization’s digital ecosystem, whether within the organization or in the marketplace.
Curriculum topics include:
- The organizational digital ecosystem
- The role of “digital” innovation and/change agent
- A digital readiness audit
- Building a digital maturity model
- Conducting a gap analysis: current vs. future state
- Resource planning: HR, financial, operations, technology
- Digital HR & talent: recruitment, mentoring and/or outsourcing
- The social organization and culture
- Digital governance
Note: We recommend taking Strategic Thinking in the Digital Context (IU200) prior to this course.
This course can be applied to the UBC Certificate in Digital Strategy.
The format of this course is 100% online. Prior to 4pm PST on the start date of the course, an email will be sent to all registered students containing instructions on how to access the online Learning Management System.