Today’s organizations have the ability to collect data across a wide variety of channels and activities. However, communicating critical take-aways to stakeholders and creating actionable insights and decisions is becoming increasingly difficult in this sea of data. In this course, participants will learn how to communicate and sell marketing strategies, activities and results using a combination of visual thinking, storytelling, dashboards, and data visualizations. Using industry-standard tools, participants will identify the appropriate charts, graphs, and visual elements required for effective data visualization and communication across a diverse range of audiences.
This course is recommended as the final required course in the Associate Certificate in Data and Marketing Analytics program. Following this course, participants can choose between Marketing Intelligence & Performance Optimization, Mobile and Social Media Analytics, or Agile Marketing for their final course.
Curriculum topics include:
- Design thinking
- Visual communications
- Storytelling fundamentals
- Key components and elements for effective data visualizations
- Types of data visualizations
- Effective dashboard designs
- Industry-standard data visualization tools and techniques
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of visual communication and storytelling
- Describe what data visualization is
- Identify the appropriate charts, graphs, and visual elements required for data visualization
- Visualize data to communicate marketing and organizational strategies and get stakeholder buy-in
Curriculum is subject to change.