At a Glance
This course examines the tools, techniques, and strategies to analyze and manage data within an organization’s marketing and customer-related functions. It looks at the evolution, impact, and importance of data-driven decision-making in today’s organizations, as well as the changing role of marketers, customer service managers, and business / product leaders in how they use data to work with internal and external stakeholders.
This foundational course prepares participants for the next two required courses of the Associate Certificate in Data and Marketing Analytics program by introducing key terminology and concepts addressed in later more detailed courses of this program.
Curriculum topics include:
- The evolution and relationship between marketing, customer, and data initiatives
- The changing role of marketers, customer relationship managers, and business / product leads
- Foundational data and marketing analytics terminology and concepts
- The core components of data and marketing analytics
- Conducting data audits
- Fundamental customer, mobile, and social media analytics and metrics
- AI and marketing automation
- Basic data visualization and stakeholder engagement
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define fundamental data and marketing terminology and concepts
- List the core components of a marketing analytics strategy
- Describe and identify various tools and techniques for collecting and analyzing data
- Evaluate data to make data-driven marketing decisions and assessments
- Visualize data for key stakeholders and to gain buy-in
Curriculum is subject to change.