The Kanban Method is a management method to improve service delivery, catalyze improvements and evolve a business to be “fit for purpose”. This Certified Kanban System Design (KSD) course will cover simple concepts that are powerful in helping you organize, understand and manage your work by applying Kanban principles and putting them into practice to address common issues faced by organizations. This includes delays, disruptions caused by unplanned activities, slow reactions, overburdening on staff/systems, and poor quality. It will also cover how Kanban fits in different contexts, such as product development and service delivery.
Taught by an Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) and certified by Kanban University this course includes a digital copy of David J Anderson’s book “Kanban: Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business”, membership to Kanban University and is the first of 2 courses required to be awarded the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) accreditation.
Who Should Attend
Designed for those who want to acquire solid knowledge about the core of the Kanban method and want to design or improve Kanban systems for their work. Regardless of your job or industry (i.e. finance, construction, retail, healthcare, manufacturing, etc.) this course is ideal for those working in the following roles, but is not limited to:
- Project, Product and Program Managers
- Managers, Team leaders, Senior Leaders
- Project Team Members
- Development leads
- Business Analysts, Scrum Product Owners, Scrum Masters
- Explain the basics, motivation, and benefits of The Kanban Method.
- Understand the key principles and practices of Kanban.
- Visualize the workflow process and identify any issues and bottlenecks.
- Apply Kanban flow in a simulation of a Kanban system.
- Facilitate Kanban meetings with a focus on the work and allow the team to organize around it.
- Build and design a Kanban system using the STATIK (Systems Thinking Approach to Implementing Kanban).
- Adapt faster and become more responsive, with better risk management and governance.
- Demonstrate the “Pull” systems and how they help reduce overburdening.
- Utilize key metrics such as Lead Time, Run Charts, and Cumulative Flow Diagrams to make continuous improvements.
Applies to the following Certificate(s) as a course substitution
Please check back later for upcoming offerings of this course.